5W 12V Solar Panel Semi Flexible Sinotech
Marine and Caravan Crystalline Solar Panel 5Watt 12Volt
This glass free semi flexible solar panel is suitable for charging 12 volt batteries on boats, caravans, motorhomes or as a portable solar panel when camping or travelling.
The high performance solar polycrystalline cells are encapsulated between EVA & TPT giving excellent durability under harsh outdoor conditions.
The solar panel has rubber grommets at each corner for easy installation, or you can even glue them down using a suitable adhesive.
These are semi flexible solar panels, not rigid glass type modules, they can be bent up to 5 degrees to conform to slightly curved surfaces on boats and caravans and are only 2mm thick so will not protrude above the profile of a boat or vehicle.
The cable junction box is fully waterproof and has a blocking diode to prevent battery reverse current from damaging the solar panel at night.
- 5 Watt Solar power output
- Charge 12 Volt batteries
- Light weight and durable design with no glass
- Can be gently flexed to conform to moderately curved surfaces
- Can be stepped on in soft soled shoes
- Built in blocking diode to prevent battery discharge at night
- Sealed junction box with 2.5 meters of cable with quick connectors for easy set up
- Includes additional short cable with battery clips for attaching to a 12V battery.
- Completely weatherproof for all weather conditions
- Dimensions 188mm x 298mm x 2mm
- Weight: 230g
- Rated Max power (Pmax) 5W
- Current at Pmax (Imp) 0.28A
- Voltage at Pmax (Vmp) 17.5V
- Short circuit current (Isc) 0.33A
- Open circuit voltage (Voc) 21.5V
- Normal operating cell temp (Tnoct) 50C
- Max system voltage 600VDC
When using a solar regulator take note of the connection steps in the solar regulator instruction sheet. They advise to connect the battery first. Do not leave the solar regulator connected to the solar panel while it is not connected to a 12V battery as it might damage the regulator.
These are general instructions that apply to all solar regulators, for this specific setup take note of the following:
(1) Connect the battery clamp lead to the black & red solar regulator leads
(2) Connect the battery clamps to a 12V battery in this order:
(i) Black clamp to battery negative (-) terminal
(ii) Red clamp to battery positive (+) terminal
(3) Connect the solar panel lead to the black & yellow solar regulator leads
(4) Disconnect in the reverse order.
Using the car cigarette lighter socket
(A) The 12V car (cigarette lighter) socket is meant to replace the 12V plug supplied with the kit and is connected directly to the solar panel, but some devices will not take 12V power directly from a solar panel.
Therefore method B can be used.
(B) To take power from a 12v battery as you would from a car (cigarette lighter) socket, connect the car socket lead to the battery clamp lead. But now the polarity of the clamps must be reversed. Therefore swap the battery clamps on the battery terminals to correct the polarity reversal with the BLACK clamp on the POS (+) battery terminal.and RED clamp on the battery NEG (-) terminal.
Please Note: some photos show blue solar panels, we only have white ones