Solargorilla Solar charger
Product Code: PTSG002
Availability: Out Of Stock
Solar charger for Laptops, handheld games and portable devices
Use a solar charger for your apple Ipad. The ipad has been hailed as the greenest of the new digital age readers so why not go totally green by using a solar charger too.
The solargorilla portable solar charger gives you power anywhere under the sun. solargorilla's 24 volt and 5 volt USB socket make it the ultimate renewable power station for any of the larger portable devices like a laptop, Ipad, netbook and of course it will also charge many brands of mobile phone, iPod, handheld games consoles and many more devices.
The solargorilla solar charger has two PV (photovoltaic) solar panels which generate electric current when they are exposed to light. The solar panels are made of glass which greatly improves the performance of the solargorilla as well as making the aethetics of the unit better. The green LED on the solargorilla indicates the strength of charge - the more UV intensity - the better it will work! The technically advanced solar panels ensure superb power and reliable performance, all housed in a tough outer casing.
solargorilla is compatible with most laptops, mobile phones, iPods, PDAs, handhelds games consoles and Sat Navs. You can also use the solargorilla to recharge the powergorilla battery pack- simply attach it using the 2m extension cable and the L52D tip. A total portable power station!
Unlimited power under the sun - the cleanest and most viable form of renewable energy!
On location, on safari, up a mountain or simply on the move, solargorilla gives you power anywhere under the sun. solargorilla’s 24 volt and 5 volt USB socket make it the ultimate renewable powerstation for your notebook, cellphone, iPod and many more devices.
• Tough rubberised casing
• Unique portable fold up design protects your solar panels when stored
• Water resistant design (except for the power connectors) for outdoor use
• Slot to allow solargorilla to be suspended or attached to vehicle or tent
• 20V power socket out and standard 5V USB socket
• Green LED charging indicator
• Use to charge your powergorilla
• Unit dimensions: 264 x 200 x 19mm
• Unit weight: 700g
Each kit contains:
• solargorilla unit with tough rubberised casing
• Neoprone zip case (with additional compartment for tips)
• 15 connectors pack: 8 male notebook connectors and 9 ‘monkey nuts’ connector tips for mobile/cellphones – clearly labelled on the pack
• Connector tips for cellphones: Nokia & Mini Nokia, Motorola V66, Samsung E900, LG Chocolate and Sony Ericsson wide connectors
• Mini USB for Motorola Razr V series, BlackBerrys and Blue tooth headsets
• Female USB charging tip for smart phones, PDAs and other USB powered devices
• Micro USB for the latest Motorola and Nokia series
• 2 metre USB extension cable
• 2 metre powergorilla/laptop charging cable
• Warranty and quick start guide
The Solargorilla does not have a storage battery
If you need to store power for later use then use the Powergorilla for laptops or Minigorilla for netbooks.
To use with Macbook, Macbook Air and Macbook Pro you will need an Apple MagSafe airline adaptor and one of our universal car charger sockets. Please contact us if you require the universal car charger socket.
Please note: the MagSafe cable will only work with Apple Macs incorporating the MagSafe style of connector. If you are unsure if your Mac uses MagSafe, please email us, you may require the L77D tip for the older Mac laptops (such as powerbook). The MagSafe cable will only POWER laptops, not charge them
Q: Can I leave my solargorilla solar charger outside?
A: Yes, you can leave the solargorilla outside. However, although the solargorilla is water resistant, it is not waterproof. To protect it if it begins raining, please bring the solargorilla inside as the ports are not water resistant and may become damaged if soaked.
Q: I have plugged my solargorilla into my laptop but nothing's happening?
A: Please follow these tips to see if you can get the solargorilla to charge your device:
- Ensure the solar panel is in direct sunlight (glass will not allow the solar panel to work efficiently)
- Allow the solar panel 5 minutes to soak up the sun before plugging it into your device
- Make sure the solar panels are clean and free from any dust or dirt
- Make sure the solar panel is perpendicular to the sun and rotate the panels as the sun moves through the sky during the day
- Please do not expect the solar panel to work on overcast days or when the solar strength is not at the recommended level
- Please ensure that you have selected the correct connector tip from the pack for your device
Q: Does the solargorilla solar charger store power?
A: The solargorilla does not store any power. If you require a gadget to store the power generated by your solargorilla, please consider the powergorilla.
Q: How do I know the solargorilla's output voltage is correct for my laptop?
A: The solargorilla has just one output voltage, this is >20v. The solargorilla will not damage your device as it can only output up to 10 watts max.
Q: What are the solar panels made of?
A: The solar panel is made from polycrystalline which gives it a distinctive look, sometimes mistaken for cracks in the panel. The solar panels are then sealed with a special glue which can give a slightly uneven surface to the panel.
Q: What will my solargorilla charge?
A: Your solargorilla will charge most handheld devices via the USB port, such as mobile phones, iPods/MP3 players, Sat Navs, PDAs and handheld gaming devices. The solargorilla will also charge laptops. However, if the laptopis in use while the solargorilla is connected, it will only slow down the depreciation of your battery, it will not run or charge your laptop unless your laptop is off.
Q: Can I use my USB charging port while charging another device from the main output?
A: You can only charge one device at a time from the solargorilla.
Q: How can I connect my solargorilla to my powergorilla?
A: Simply attach them using the 2m extension cable and the L52D tip.
Q: I can't find the correct tip for my laptop
A: Please contact Ecopia
Q: How can I get the best performance from my solar charger?
A: You should ensure that your solar charger is outside in direct sunlight, glass will greatly reduce the performance of the solar charger. You will also need to ensure that the panel is perpendicular to the sun and that the panel surfaces are clean. It is also worth letting the solar panel "warm up" by leaving it in the sun for 10 minutes prior to connecting a device.