MPPT Solar Regulator 12V 24V 30Amp
Powertech MPPT Solar Regulator 12V/24V 30Amp
This MPPT solar regulator is suitable for charging 12V or 24V batteries from solar panels with ouputs up to 65V output so you can use any solar panel to charge 12V or 24V batteries. It has fully programmable settings including dual timers for setting on/off times for lighting or other types of load.
MPPT solar regulators use DC to DC conversion to extract the absolute maximum charging power from your solar panels, producing an extra 10-40% from your solar panels when compared to a normal PWM charge controller. Adding to the benefits of MPPT technology are the many features of this charge controller, such as 3-stage battery charging, twin timer programming, 30A load control with automatic load disconnection/reconnection, and much more. Programming is simple and intuitive via the front panel buttons whilst the LCD screen shows you what's happening.
How MPPT solar regulators work
An ordinary solar regulator only allows a certain maximum voltage to pass from the solar panel to the battery in order to enable proper charging, the power difference between the battery voltage and solar voltage is not used. MPPT charge controllers convert the unused voltage into extra current so all the solar power is used. This means the batteries get charged in less time from the same amount of solar power.
• Microprocessor controlled MPPT
• 3-stage charging
• 30A automatic load control with low-voltage disconnect/reconnect
• LCD display
• Two timers available for programming
• Includes temperature sensor for battery charging compensation
• Protection against over voltage, reverse connection, short circuit, over current, and over temperature
• Maximum Solar panel output: 65volts /30amps
• Battery system voltage: 12 or 24 volts NOTE: This unit WILL charge a 12V battery from 24V solar panels.
• Maximum continuous input current: 30A
• Temperature range: -20 to 50 DegC
• Efficiency: 97%
• Dimensions: 205mm by 145mm by 55m