The Envirosafe Wasp Trap operates in the same way as the fly trap, except that is designed to attract wasps instead of flies.
The container is made of two parts, a top half and bottom half. The top half twist-locks on-off.
The contents of the included bait packet are mixed in cup of warm water and poured into the bottom half. The top half is replaced and the wire is looped through the hanging holes in the top. Hang the wasp trap in a warm spot out of the wind
European wasps are attracted to the container by the colour of the container and the smell of the attractant. They enter from center opening, can't escape and eventually drown in the liquid.
Directions for use
- Remove label from trap.
- Empty attractant from sachet supplied into trap.
- Add a cup of water. Swirl trap to help dissolve attractant. It lasts 2-3 weeks. IMPORTANT: Check regularly and maintain water level. Do not allow it to dry out.
- For best results set the trap where it will receive most sunlight, preferably out of the wind.
- Attractant requires an activation period of generally 24 hours before it becomes fully effective. The outside temperature may have some bearing on this time.
- Over time, an odour will develop as trapped insects accumulate. Discard the insects when necessary or at least every 2-3 weeks.
- For best results use only EnviroSafeTM Fly or European Wasp Replacement Attractant - 4gram. To reset the trap, repeat steps 1-4.
NOTE: Always wash hands thoroughly after carrying out any trap maintenance and keep out of reach of children.
European Wasp information
For European Wasp trapping, follow the same directions as for flies, but using the Eurpoean Wasp Attractant and note the following:
- Always fill trap indoors.
- Do not place trap next to wasp nest.
- Do not carry out trap maintenance during the day - wait until early morning or late evening.
- Ensure all wasps are dead before opening the trap.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If stung and victim has difficulties (eg with breathing or severe swelling) or a wasp is swallowed, seek immediate medical attention.
The trap can be used as a monitor - ie if it is catching a lot of wasps, a nest must be in the vicinity. In that case, extra care is required when eating and drinking outdoors, as wasps are renowned for getting inside drink containers and onto food.
Envirosafe Wasp Trap
- Brand: Envirosafe Pest Control
- Product Code: EV017
- Availability: 5
- Ex Tax: $13.18